IRA Charitable Rollover
You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further our mission. If you are 70½ or older, an IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help continue our work and benefit this year.
Benefits of an IRA Charitable Rollover:
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to our organization;
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts; and
- Help further the work and mission of our organization.
HOW TO MAKE A GIFT FROM YOUR IRA:
- The process to make a gift to Norwich begins with calling your IRA custodian/trustee/administrator and informing them that you would like to make a charitable contribution to Norwich University from your IRA.
- They will ask you to complete a "Check Request Form" with an amount.
- Norwich's tax ID # is 03-0179-424.
- The IRA custodian must make the distribution payable to "Norwich University".
- Please instruct the custodian to send the check to:
Norwich University, ATTN Megann O'Malley, 158 Harmon Drive, Northfield, VT 05663
- Once you have initiated this process, please notify the Director of Planned Giving, Megann O'Malley at (802) 485-2282 / firstname.lastname@example.org. She will track your gift to ensure it is properly handled.
Congress passed the SECURE Act, effective January 1, 2020 which increased the age for required minimum distributions (RMDs) to 72. You can still make a tax-free gift to Norwich from your IRA at the age of 70 ½. To read more about this and other ways the SECURE Act may affect you, please click here.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.
Director of Planned Giving